You are here : Home > Windows > IsoDeco > Casement or awning > Hybrids
| Hybrid casement or awning windows
All of our windows can be built in a hybrid version by including our sturdy extruded aluminum profiles.
Except for the available frame width, our hybrid windows carry all the same exclusive features that are mentioned on the previous page with our PVC windows.
Characteristics and options
- Double or triple glass unit, with the ultimate SwisspacerTM warm edge spacer bar (Intercept® is also available) for superior energy efficiency.
- Optional white or black high performance triple weatherstrip system, providing maximum air and water tightness due to the adjustable sash. Furthermore, unlike many competing products, the weather seal lies flat and unnoticed on the surrounding edges for a neater appearance.
- Wide opening of the sash for easy cleaning.
- Reinforced double-arm operator for larger sashes.
- Stainless steel hinges and mechanism, which is reinforced from behind the frame by a concealed steel support.
- Optional NOVA SlimTM low-profile flat lock or classical model.
- Multipoint lock with three anchors, for utmost security. (Casement)
- Window screen held and surrounded with aluminum profiles or optional solid extrusions.
- Stylish folding handle.
- Wide selection of colors for both the interior and exterior.
Standard aluminum color
More are available on demand. These colors match the array provided by Gentek® Buiding Products.
Selection of frames
5 3/4'' or 6 9/16'' structural hybrid frame. With built-in dry wall or wood return.
*Available only for casement or awning windows.
- Add style to your residence by opting for an interior wood finish. A range of wood essences are available for our windows, delivered either naturally (stain-free) or pre-stained in our factory.
- High density wood on the interior frame.
- Stylish mortise and tenon joint highlighting the charm of the older traditional look.
- A PVC glazing bead system that embeds the interior wood moulding to help prevent it from moisture-related darkening.
- Interior muntin bars and grills are also available in wood essences and assorted colors.
Wood essences and standard stains.
Other stain colors are also available as an option.
The color of the grill can be matched with that of the window and be applied on the interior or exterior side. You may even choose different colors for each front.
Suggested grill models
Interior and exterior moulding
NAFS performance standard
All of our products are designed to match or surpass the new NAFS-11 Canadian standard, which addresses minimal requirements for resistance to air, water and wind pressure. This norm may vary in function of your house's geographical position and features. You can count on one of our representatives to describe the standard relevant to your situation and thus, recommend the right product.
Here is an example of a NAFS-11 standard for one of our casement windows
LC-PG-70-C Class | Tested dimension: 914 mm x 1829 mm (36 x 72 inches)
|Positive pressure calculation|
|Negative pressure calculation|
|Water penetration resistance pressure test||Canadian infiltration level / air exfiltration|
|3360 Pa (70.18 psf)
||-3360 Pa (-70.18 psf)
||720 Pa (15.04 psf)
Results according to the AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440-08 and CSA-A440S1-09 standard.
ENERGY STAR CERTIFICATION
All of our products are Energy Star certified, which confirms that our windows and doors meet or surpass the energy efficiency requirements (RE rating). To achieve this result, we dedicate our attention to every detail, from designing to manufacturing.
For example, with our IsoDéco collection, the notable SWISSPACERTD warm edge bar that separates the glass panes is a high end product made with an outstanding thermal composite material and reinforced with fiberglass, which overall strengthens the energy efficiency of the sealed unit.
Choice of glazing (thermos)
The principle behind energy-efficient glass is quite simple and effective: a fine low emissivity coating (Low-E) is added to the glazing, which contributes to keeping warmth inside the house during cold weather and to block the sunrays when it is hot.
For all regions of Quebec, the choice of energyefficient glass is profitable. Choosing triple glass is the optimal decision.
Summary of our warranty
We design and build products that are of superior quality. Thus, we are pleased to side them with a solid warranty that spreads from 15 to 20 years regarding the major components.
*These mentions are for information purpose only and are subject to unadvised changes. Your specific products may carry other warranty terms and conditions. The warranty certificate handed with the product prevails at all time. For further details, contact us or visit one of our authorized distributors.
370, chemin Mont-Granit Ouest
Thetford Mines, Québec, Canada
Phone : 418 338-4628
Fax : 418 338-0347
Toll free : 1 800 905-5234
RBQ Licence : 8102-0000-00
Printed on : April 25, 2017